Emergency Car Kits
It’s always best to be prepared for just about anything when you’re on a road trip with your family. We recommend you always carry the following items in your car, especially if you’re planning a long road trip.
- Basic Tools – pliers, wrench, both flat and phillips head screwdrivers
- A sharp knife
- Road flares
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Camping shovel
- Fuses – double-check you have the correct type for your car
- Winter clothing – gloves, a hat, boots, etc.
- Jumper cables
- Warning sign for front and back of car
- Car fluids – antifreeze, motor oil, brake fluid, water, transmission fluid
- Electric & duct tape
- First-aid kit
- Car charging cord for your cell phone
Also make sure your spare tire has air and your jack is in good working order.